I have been serving on the board of directors for N.O.V.A. Principles since 2018. I am impressed with the curriculum of N.O.V.A. It is more than a “keep kids off drugs” program. N.O.V.A. teaches life skills that help young people deal with critical events in every aspect of their lives. I am honored to be involved with this program. Our community has benefitted from the NOVA Principles program for 10+ years. We see the difference. Our community members see the difference.
Your contribution, in any amount, will help us expand N.O.V.A. Principles to more communities, schools, and students. Please join me in helping this program move forward.
Thank you for your generous support.
Chief Dan Doyle
Consider Making A Monthly Gift
Click on the donate button to make a donation via credit card.
Mail a check to:
NOVA Principles Foundation
333 E Main St UNIT 138
Lehi UT 84043
The N.O.V.A. Principles Foundation is dedicated to providing the necessary resources and instruction to help children, youth, families, and communities to protect themselves against the harmful effects and influences of drugs, bullying, and negative media exposure, while providing guidance and direction towards positive opportunities and personal success.
5 NOVA Core Principles
- Accountability: I own my thoughts, feelings, choices, and actions.
- Positivity: When I choose Positivity, I experience success and happiness.
- Knowledge: Knowledge creates opportunities.
- Work: My path to excellence requires work.
- Respect: I respect myself, others, and everything around me.
10 NOVA Applications
- The NOVA Lone Wolf Application: I courageously stand against those who want me to do wrong.
- The STS Application: Study the Situation.
- The Cause and Effect Application: When I do or don’t do something, something happens.
- The Paradigm Application: How I see things.
- The True Colors Application: What’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong.
- The Lifetime Decisions Application: Good decisions I make now and forever.
- The Which Wolf Am I Feeding Application: Which wolf is stronger? The one I feed.
- The Fire Application: Some say fire is good, others say it is bad, in reality fire is powerful.
- The Harvest Application: What I put in is what I get out.
- The Initiative Application: I see what needs to be done and do it.
First developed in 2003, NOVA Principles has impacted tens of thousands of students and their families. In 2016, NOVA Principles LC was changed to N.O.V.A. Principles Foundation. As part of this change, an application was made with the Internal Revenue Service for nonprofit status as a 501c3 organization. September 2017, the IRS granted the nonprofit status.
In most locations, NOVA Principles is offered in your school in partnership with local law enforcement. Where necessary, other officers (current or retired) provide the NOVA Principles program where local departments do not. We feel it is important for you to know this information.
How the NOVA Principles program is paid for:
• Departments pay for their officer salaries and NOVA supplies.
• PTA’s and other funders pay for schools not supported by local departments.
• Individuals, Businesses, and Foundations support us.
• NOVA materials are sold to departments and individuals.
Why does the N.O.V.A. Principles Foundation need funds?
1. Program Delivery: Ensure that students receive this program in their school with assistance from law enforcement.
Instructor Training: Each instructor trainee undergoes an extensive 25+ hour training. Certified instructor(s) along with 2. Child and Family Phycologist Dr. Paul Jenkins provide an extensive hands-on to trainees. Once certified, instructors receive continuing education to maintain or renew their 3-year certification. Most of the training fees are underwritten for instructor trainees by the foundation.
3. Instructor Supplies: Each lesson taught has specific tools and supplies. Instructors are provided some of those tools and supplies from the foundation.
4. Curriculum Development: Existing curriculum is continuously reviewed, updated as necessary. Development is underway to provide previous participants with ongoing lessons. New materials are currently under development.
Consider making a monthly gift.
Complete the following information to complete your gift.