The NOVA Principles Foundation is dedicated to providing the necessary resources and instruction to help children, youth, families, and communities to protect themselves against the harmful effects and influences of drugs, bullying, and negative media exposure while providing guidance and direction towards positive opportunities and personal success.
NOVA Core Principles:
- Accountability: I own my thoughts, feelings, choices, and actions.
- Positivity: When I choose a positive attitude I experience success and happiness.
- Knowledge: Knowledge creates opportunities.
- Work: The path to excellence requires work.
- Respect: I respect myself, others, and everything around me.
First developed in 2003, NOVA Principles has impacted tens of thousands of students and their families. Internal Revenue Service designated nonprofit status, 501c3 organization, to NOVA Principles Foundation in 2016.
In most locations, NOVA Principles is offered in your school in partnership with local law enforcement. Where necessary, other officers (current or retired) provide the NOVA Principles program where local departments do not. We feel it is important for you to know this information.
How the NOVA Principles program is paid for:
- Departments pay for their officer salaries and NOVA supplies.
- PTA’s and other funders pay for schools not supported by local departments.
- Individuals, Businesses, and Foundations support us.
- NOVA materials are sold to departments and individuals.
Why does the N.O.V.A. Principles Foundation need funds?
- Program Delivery: Ensure that students receive this program in their school with assistance from law enforcement.
- Instructor Training: Each instructor trainee undergoes an extensive 25+ hour training. Certified instructor(s) along with Child and Family Phycologist Dr. Paul Jenkins provide extensive hands-on to trainees. Once certified, instructors receive continuing education to maintain or renew their 3-year certification. Most of the training fees are underwritten for instructor trainees by the foundation.
- Instructor Supplies: Each lesson taught has specific tools and supplies. Instructors are provided some of those tools and supplies from the foundation.
- Curriculum Development: Existing curriculum is continuously reviewed, updated as necessary. Development is underway to provide previous participants with ongoing lessons. New materials are currently under development.
Consider making a monthly gift.