N.O.V.A. is an acronym that stands for:
Nurturing = To help you grow and develop in good positive ways
Opportunities = Good things that come your way. To help you recognize & seek after good opportunities in life
Values = Good Principles, Ideals, & Standards that you believe in & live by
Accountability = Being responsible for your choices & actions
NOVA Principles – What is a Principle?
A Principle is a law or set of rules that govern things
” Examples… The Principles of: Gravity; Mathematics; Chemistry; Electricity; Music; Etc…
Knowing and understanding the laws and rules of Principles is very important in order to become intelligent and successful
Knowing and understanding the laws and rules of Principles allows a person to do some amazing things!
For instance… Knowing and understanding what Principles were necessary to make a Cell Phone?
” Mathematics; Chemistry; Mechanical & Electrical Engineering; Computer software programing; Etc…
This is what NOVA is all about… To teach you important Principles so you can become intelligent and successful people
Good things that come your way.
- When you make good choices, you allow good opportunities to come your way.
- When you make wrong choices, you don’t allow good opportunities to come your way.
Accepting responsibility for your choices and actions.
- It’s important to be accountable for your choices & actions.
- If you’re not accountable for what you do, you could do anything & get away with it.
- Laws and rules are created to hold people accountable for their choices & actions.
Principle #1 – Study the situation. (STS)
- This means you should think before you make a choice or decision.
- Ask yourself:
- What’s good about it?
- What’s harmful, dangerous or wrong about it?
- If it’s good, then do it.
- If it’s harmful, dangerous and wrong, then don’t do it.
Principle #6 – Knowledge is Potential Power
Using knowledge gives you power.
- There’s an old saying that says, “Knowledge is Power”. However, knowledge is actually
“Potential” power because you have to use the knowledge you have if you want to receive power.
- If you have the knowledge to help you become successful but choose not to use it, then that knowledge will not give you any power.
- Knowledge can also be forgotten if you don’t use it or make it a part of your life.
- Use the knowledge you have to help you stay away from harmful and dangerous things and to lead you to your path of excellence!
Principle #2 – Cause & Effect
When you do something or don’t do something, something happens.
- There is a cause and effect to everything in life.
- It doesn’t matter what you do or don’t do, there will be a cause and effect.
- You are free to make your own choices, but you’re not always free to choose your consequences.
- If you choose to use drugs, you don’t get to choose its effects on you. That’s already been decided.
- Poor health
Principle #7 – Boiling a Frog Effect
When do you know you’re a boiled frog? When it’s too late.
- With some drugs, the damage to your body happens so gradually that you won’t notice it until it’s too late.
- There are many things in life that may not seem harmful or dangerous at first because the negative effects are so small. Over time
Principle #3 – True Colors
What’s right is right, and what’s wrong is wrong.
- What’s wrong doesn’t become right just because everyone’s doing it.
- What’s right doesn’t become wrong just because no one’s doing it.
- Stand-up for the things you know are right.
- Stand against the things you know are wrong.
Principle #8 – Which Wolf are you feeding?
Which wolf is stronger? The one you feed.
- There lives within each of us 2 Wolves. One Wolf is angry, violent, and filled with hate. The other Wolf is kind, loving, and friendly.
- Which Wolf is stronger? The one you feed.
- Which Wolf are you feeding?
Principle #4 – Lifetime Decisions
Decisions you make that determine your success or failure in life.
- There are only a few Lifetime Decisions you will need to make in your life.
- Lifetime Decisions have incredible impact and can determine your success or failure in life.
- Make good Lifetime Decisions NOW!
- The decisions you make now can and will affect what happens to you today, tomorrow and the rest of your life.
Some Major Lifetime Decisions Are:
- Honesty & Integrity (your honor, dependability, trustworthiness).
- Positive Attitude (self discipline, doing your best, and being optimistic).
- Respect to self, others, and things (treating yourself, others, and things in a good, positive, and
- proper way).
How To Make Good Lifetime Decisions:
- Don’t do things that are harmful, dangerous and wrong (be a N.O.V.A. Lone Wolf if necessary).
- Stand up for what you believe in and value (simply state, “I don’t steal, I don’t smoke…”).
- Don’t put yourself in bad situations (don’t go to places you know trouble or problems will occur).
- Choose good friends.
Principle #9 – Garbage In / Garbage Out
What you put in, is what you get out.
- Your brain is like a computer hard drive. Everything you see, hear, and do is entered into your brain.
- If you put good things in, you get good things out. Likewise, if you put garbage in, you get garbage out.
- Should you expect anything different?
Principle #5 – Paradigm
The view or perspective of how you see things.
How you see things are based on two Paradigms, “The Victim Paradigm”, and “The Hero Paradigm”.
- A person who has a Victim Paradigm or view of things:
” Is one who thinks: “Why me?”, “Why try?”, “Give up!”, “I can’t!” and “I don’t care!”.
- They blame others for their troubles and problems and think in terms of, “Entitlement” (people owe them things).
” Has low self-esteem, is miserable, and is not on the path to excellence.
- A person who has a Hero Paradigm or view of things:
” Is one who thinks: “Why not me?”, “I’ll do my best!”, “I won’t give up!”, “I can!”, and “I care!”.
- They accept accountability for their choices and actions, and they create things of value for themselves and others.
” Has self-esteem, is happy, and is on the path to excellence.