Each NOVA Instructor is required to complete the NOVA Instructor training to become certified.
Training is available from an on-demand format through NOVA Central. Once the various sessions have been completed, a half-day live session will finalize the training. Live training is conducted virtually.
As a new instructor, you will have approximately 24 hours of training to complete prior to the one-day live session. All on-demand training needs to be completed at least one week prior to the live session.
2022 Live Session Dates
We suggest you schedule time with your department each week to complete this coursework. Perhaps ½ day or full-day block of time, where you will be uninterrupted.
The sessions are interactive. There are quizzes, videos, teaching others what you have learned, etc. You will have an opportunity to learn life-changing skills that apply to yourself and others.
In addition to NOVA Instructor Training:
There is a requirement for continuing education (12 hours) over a three-year period to maintain your certification. These hours are simple to acquire to maintain your training.
One-Day Live Attendance Requirements
- No other activities during training (court dates, shifts, meetings, etc.)
- Separate, private, location for each trainee. One person per room.
- Computer with webcam and microphone.
- High-speed internet.
- Well-lit area with lighting on your face.
- The camera is on at all times.
- Active participation during training.
- Participate in a zoom orientation the week prior to the training with a NOVA training faculty member.
- We use Zoom video conferencing software to conduct this training.
- A link will be provided to make an appointment for the zoom orientation one week in advance.
- A link will be provided a few days in advance for the training to be used during the training.
- Attendees must attend all sessions to complete the training and receive their certification.
Register participants here. You will need to complete one form for each participant